Monday, January 28, 2008

Today I completed my second day of teaching Drawing 1.  I'm trying to send myself back to the day where the tables were turned and I was the young uninspired student rolling my eyes at the instructor.  Well, it didn't go exactly like that.  I don't think I rolled my eyes until class was over at least.  I've come to the terms that teaching the class so far can be almost as boring as taking the class.  I will admit, the fundamentals of drawing are not an intense game of dodge ball by most people's standards.  My class is currently doing contour line drawings. For any of you that have never taken a drawing course, this means your are drawing the outline, and the negative space of an object.  Important stuff, really.  The thing that I don't get is the look of absolute boredom (and I can not stress enough how absolute) on some of my student's faces.  I'm not teaching math, history, economics, ect... (no offense anyone, those are boring).  I teach a class that lets you master in the art of doodles.  I have a student who was turned in the complete opposite direction of the drawing subject today.  Unless she has an evolved skull with two (hell, even one) functional eye in the back of her head,  she was just being rude.  Even if she had this mutation, she was wearing a hat.  I thought to myself, "do i really have to tell someone to look at the thing they are drawing?" the answer was yes.  Is this how today's youngins' are going to be? really?  I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes in next class to remind her to breath.  "you might want to take a couple of breaths there,  you are dying,"  as she rolls her eyes in disgust.  I hate to give a lecture to individuals that are not that much younger than I am.  Like I'm some all knowing wizard from the lord of the rings.  I should make them draw my hat, staff, and beard next time.  I guess what I'm saying is,  who kicked common sense to the curb and let the bums shit on it?  If anyone figures this out, let me know.  In the mean time, I'm going to make a drawing video game and make millions.  Dammit, i just remembered the game mario paint!!!

No comments:

Morphin' like the wolf

Photobucket

Decapitated Clone Head

Photobucket

Lexington Photos

Lexington install 1 Lexington install 2 Lexington install 3

artwork

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

New video performance

Flight Like a Eagle

Thesis Show spring 2007

Thesis Show spring 2007
I built this city

Music I've been listening to

  • the Go Team!
  • Icy Demons
  • Need New Body
  • Battles
  • Pavement
  • Electric Light Orchestra
  • Tapes 'n Tapes, The Loon
  • Pinback
  • Sparta
  • David Bowie, Space Oddity and Ziggy Stardust
  • Mos Def,
  • Minutemen, Double Nickel on the Dime
  • poison snake,
  • J Geils Band, Blow Your Face Out
  • The Who, Live at Leeds
  • Heroic Doses

lazers

Photobucket