Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Do you lose funny?

I've always considered myself a funny guy but lately I've wondered if i'm still funny.  Who knows, I laugh at my own jokes and recognize the hilarity but I'm not sure if anyone else does.   I've had this happen to me several times where you meet some people that are not friends with your friends, and all the sudden its like you are carrot top telling jokes to deaf people.  Other times its like the planets aline and an astroid of hilarious is plummeted to earth crashing into your cerebral causing an explosion of your funny glands which sends signals to your vocal chords and mouth delivering amazing.  I've been trying to tell jokes to my dog and room mate's cat but they don't get my humor.  They are very critical and stuck up and i don't need that right now. Damn bums do nothing but sleep all day.  
I would have to say my biggest problem is that I sound funny in my own head.  I woke up in the middle of the night a few days ago (like in the previous bloggins)  and I immediately was thinking of American Gladiators.  I'm not sure if this was funny or insane due to the lack of sleep. (does anyone else do this? i'll wake up with an idea embedded in my head, but nothing really about it. its like an awkward conversation with someone you don't want to talk to and they say something like, "I saw a baby calf being born". and you just go, what? in your head )  I continued to write about it and then posted a bulletin on myspace saying "I blog now".  When i tried to go to bed, I couldn't fall back asleep because i was laughing about my phrasing.  Ok this was probably me being delirious, but  I feel I do some of my best work under these conditions.  I've came to the conclusion that I am funny but there isn't any body around to absorb the funny. I guess thats when friends become sponges or mops, they are around to clean up the sopping mess of hilarious to that others don't slip and fall in it, because that would be an entirely different type of funny. 

2 comments:

Matthew and Suzanne said...

hahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!!!

Unknown said...

i laugh now

Morphin' like the wolf

Photobucket

Decapitated Clone Head

Photobucket

Lexington Photos

Lexington install 1 Lexington install 2 Lexington install 3

artwork

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

New video performance

Flight Like a Eagle

Thesis Show spring 2007

Thesis Show spring 2007
I built this city

Music I've been listening to

  • the Go Team!
  • Icy Demons
  • Need New Body
  • Battles
  • Pavement
  • Electric Light Orchestra
  • Tapes 'n Tapes, The Loon
  • Pinback
  • Sparta
  • David Bowie, Space Oddity and Ziggy Stardust
  • Mos Def,
  • Minutemen, Double Nickel on the Dime
  • poison snake,
  • J Geils Band, Blow Your Face Out
  • The Who, Live at Leeds
  • Heroic Doses

lazers

Photobucket