Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Are you kidding me fantastic four movie?

There is a certain scene that happens in movies every once in awhile that I find annoying.  Personally I didn't think any self respecting screen writer or director, or who ever the hell puts those moving pictures on the screen, would put a over used scene in a movie today.  Let me back up a hair.  I decided to watch (on TV) The Fantastic Four movie.  I never read the comic, I actually thought the characters were a little sissy growing up, but I never saw the movie so I wanted to give it a chance.  Well it sucked.  Why is it that when you are watching a movie, and its bad, you keep watching it.  You don't start drinking bad milk and see it out til the end, no.  I know everyone else does this as well.  Anyway, the very last shot was they captured the bad guy who was frozen or some shit( i was making dinner at the same time, so i missed some parts) and the authorities take him away and put him in a crate.  The camera pans out as a dramatic orchestra plays some epic song.  As the shot keeps going, it shows the stacks and stacks of other crates that are piled all together as if it goes on forever.  As if there is a never ending room out there and the only thing we can store in it is our collectables, our trinkets.  I thought to myself.  Is this just a last resort for movie makers?  Not sure how to end your movie?  UMMM,  just put that one scene in there and it will be fine and a DON DON DAAA on there for some sass.  Doesn't anyone ever wonder why they are storing this stuff. The U.S. government apparently is running some kind of a pack rat warehouse somewhere.  I wonder if there are some red coats shoved in some boxes way in the back?  Then there are just some random crates like broken shovels, a giant rubber band ball, a Jimmy Carter fart in a jar,  a bunch of those twisty ties (how do people acquire so man of those? do your hands get tired from all that tying?) and some abba tapes that got to close to a magnet so don't really work.  There should be a big old garage sale or something.  The rental space alone would free up some funds.  Anyways, I hope that movies will stop using this particular scene.  I'm giving Indiana Jones the only exempt on this subject.   

No comments:

Morphin' like the wolf

Photobucket

Decapitated Clone Head

Photobucket

Lexington Photos

Lexington install 1 Lexington install 2 Lexington install 3

artwork

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

New video performance

Flight Like a Eagle

Thesis Show spring 2007

Thesis Show spring 2007
I built this city

Music I've been listening to

  • the Go Team!
  • Icy Demons
  • Need New Body
  • Battles
  • Pavement
  • Electric Light Orchestra
  • Tapes 'n Tapes, The Loon
  • Pinback
  • Sparta
  • David Bowie, Space Oddity and Ziggy Stardust
  • Mos Def,
  • Minutemen, Double Nickel on the Dime
  • poison snake,
  • J Geils Band, Blow Your Face Out
  • The Who, Live at Leeds
  • Heroic Doses

lazers

Photobucket