Monday, April 25, 2011

Tears for Beers:#1 Hop Valley Brewing Co.


I decided to start an ongoing beer review series after reviewing a cheap-o beer a couple weeks ago. Why you ask, because I like beer and there are a few million to try up here in Portland, OR. So with out Further adieu:

This will be a double trouble post because i drank both the Vanilla Infused Porter and the Alphadelic IPA. We had a long day of easters, entertaining family and friends for the first time in our new home in NE Portland. My wife Charlotte had bought these beers to share with our guests but after they had all left, and my makers mark buzz was going strong, it was time to crack open that shit. I open the fridge and at first I avoided the Porter because of it's vanilla infusion. Anytime something is infused with something else it automatically makes me not wanting it. What is this process of infusing? I open the IPA and it gets drank. This is probably where my beer review is gonna get fuzzier and less informative. I remember it was very "hoppy". I feel it is hard to describe completely because pin pointing taste is redundant. We all have our own tastes and we won't have the same opinion about how things taste. It left my tongue dry and restless. A lot of smacking of the chops and I needed another liquid to wet this desert tongue of mine.
Out of frustration and needing more liquids, I open the porter. It actually wasn't too bad. Maybe there was something to this infusing thing. The vanilla kissed your tongue ever so gently as you were able to drink this lighter porter that didn't leave you feeling as if you had swallowed a swollen baby cow. As the tasting went on Charlotte and I continued to drink another of each. They couldn't of been too bad right?

1 comment:

Jonas said...

We enjoyed your in depth review of our Alphadelic and VIP beers. It is informative reviews as yours that keeps us brewing. We shall wait anxiously for your review of Alpha Centauri. Cheers to Beers, Hop Valley Brewing Co.

Morphin' like the wolf

Photobucket

Decapitated Clone Head

Photobucket

Lexington Photos

Lexington install 1 Lexington install 2 Lexington install 3

artwork

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

New video performance

Flight Like a Eagle

Thesis Show spring 2007

Thesis Show spring 2007
I built this city

Music I've been listening to

  • the Go Team!
  • Icy Demons
  • Need New Body
  • Battles
  • Pavement
  • Electric Light Orchestra
  • Tapes 'n Tapes, The Loon
  • Pinback
  • Sparta
  • David Bowie, Space Oddity and Ziggy Stardust
  • Mos Def,
  • Minutemen, Double Nickel on the Dime
  • poison snake,
  • J Geils Band, Blow Your Face Out
  • The Who, Live at Leeds
  • Heroic Doses

lazers

Photobucket