Monday, April 18, 2011


If there is one thing that most of us can agree on it is that money is TIGHT these days. I’ve been experiencing my own financial hardship lately and have been coming up with ways to cope with the burden. After recently moving to Portland, OR I discovered another bonus to living in the area (First and fore most being the skate parks). There is a deposit taken when purchasing your drink of choice, and after you have enjoyed your refreshment, you can put your can or bottle into a machine outside of your local grocery store and get your 5 cents back. Normally the local homeless and scum bags are the ones who participate in this activity but guess who has two thumbs and is broke as shit? This guy right here!!
For the last month I have neglected my recycling and have accumulated a substantial amount of bottles and cans. This is the result of weeks of spending money that I couldn’t afford to in the first place and it has finally caught up with me. I don’t know your situation, but after a full day of looking for a job for some reason I just want to get fucked up. I then scrounge for change in every crevasse in my house hoping it will amount up to enough for a 40oz. I quickly realize that all hope is lost because I did the exact same thing a few days ago and cleaned this mug out. One of those pigtail light bulbs lit up over my head, they are more energy efficient fuckers get with it. Because of my laziness, I have a mound of gold in my recycling bin. Finally my bumlynesss has paid off!! I take this filthy stank heap to the magic money machines in order to claim my reward! The only down side to this process is that you are intermingled with all the other bums at the machines. You can imagine the caliber of person because you deny them of change every day. It is slightly embarrassing at first, but you have to keep your eye on the prize. After depositing 85 containers, I got $4.25 back. Lets go shopping!
You have to be a smart shopper and get the most bang for your buck. That’s why I went with the beer GENESEE®. A buck o’ 9 and you’re feeling fine. You have just purchased yourself 24 ounces of freedom so let go of all your worries because GENESEE® will make it all right baby. It’s not terrible and it ain’t great, but you’re not perfect either. I consider myself a coinsurer of cheap beers and I rank this one just above Busch and slightly below an Old Milwaukee. It has an honest flavor with a smooth finish and most importantly it hasn’t given me those next day shits that I feared would occupy most of my time. It is a MEH beer with a kick ass design. I feel this is the beginning of a multi-hangover induced friendship.

No comments:

Morphin' like the wolf

Photobucket

Decapitated Clone Head

Photobucket

Lexington Photos

Lexington install 1 Lexington install 2 Lexington install 3

artwork

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

New video performance

Flight Like a Eagle

Thesis Show spring 2007

Thesis Show spring 2007
I built this city

Music I've been listening to

  • the Go Team!
  • Icy Demons
  • Need New Body
  • Battles
  • Pavement
  • Electric Light Orchestra
  • Tapes 'n Tapes, The Loon
  • Pinback
  • Sparta
  • David Bowie, Space Oddity and Ziggy Stardust
  • Mos Def,
  • Minutemen, Double Nickel on the Dime
  • poison snake,
  • J Geils Band, Blow Your Face Out
  • The Who, Live at Leeds
  • Heroic Doses

lazers

Photobucket