Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gold Teeth





I think gold teeth are great. I'm working up the nerve (and skrillia) to get one of my own. I don't know what or where the fascination came from. I even get excited when I see someone's tooth black out on a billboard. Those two are really the polar opposites though. A blacked out tooth or lack of a tooth ends up being very noticeable because it is breaking the normality of that person. You may have sympathy for that person missing the tooth because you know someone who has had a tooth knocked out. Or perhaps you are actually missing a tooth and can relate to the pain and or inconvenience of the tooth being gone. I also just find it funny when it's on a billboard, but not so much with someone in front of me. I wouldn't laugh then.
The gold tooth is the glorification of the tooth. It can symbolize status (for some reason) i don't know if that is status with your food like you food will think you are cool while you are eating it or with people. Maybe your food would feel more honored being eaten by teeth with some value, not just the run of the mill regular boring teeth. I would be more comfortable being eaten by someone with gold teeth.
Having a crooked tooth of my own, it is already noticed by everyone who sees me smile. I might as well just gold that shit and make it official. I don't want it to be a status symbol but more of a celebration of the comfortability I have towards my screwed up tooth. It sets me apart from you and that other person and that one girl. Who cares anyways my teeth aren't perfect white anyways they are on their way to being gold colored anyhow. Why not speed up the process?

No comments:

Morphin' like the wolf

Photobucket

Decapitated Clone Head

Photobucket

Lexington Photos

Lexington install 1 Lexington install 2 Lexington install 3

artwork

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

New video performance

Flight Like a Eagle

Thesis Show spring 2007

Thesis Show spring 2007
I built this city

Music I've been listening to

  • the Go Team!
  • Icy Demons
  • Need New Body
  • Battles
  • Pavement
  • Electric Light Orchestra
  • Tapes 'n Tapes, The Loon
  • Pinback
  • Sparta
  • David Bowie, Space Oddity and Ziggy Stardust
  • Mos Def,
  • Minutemen, Double Nickel on the Dime
  • poison snake,
  • J Geils Band, Blow Your Face Out
  • The Who, Live at Leeds
  • Heroic Doses

lazers

Photobucket