Monday, May 30, 2011

Tears for Beers #2: Walking Man IPA


A long time friend came into town this weekend and there was a few things that we needed to take care of. Getting caught up and drinking. We had the opportunity to try out many of the micro brews that Portland bars have to offer but one definitely stuck out from the rest. We visited a Coffee shop/Bar called Cooper's to watch the Timbers Vs. United soccer match and ordered a few Walking Man IPAs to quench the old thirst. Immediately the flavor of this mild IPA was honest and smooth. It had just enough hoppyness to make you notice it was in fact an IPA but not that overbearing ending that smacks the tongue like a Midwest domestic violence incident. Those hard hitting IPAs end up making me chug the rest of my beer in order to prolong that final taste. I then get wasted by their high alcohol count and the next thing I know I've had half a bottle of Jack Daniels, I've tried to hop over a fence and rip my pants from ankle to thy, have scraps and abrasions from trying to skate drunk and barely recall being slapped in the face. The next day of my life is devoted to swearing off alcohol and sweating out the evil. With the Walking Man IPA, this was not the case. We enjoyed the beer more than the game because it was a way more organized taste unlike the haphazardly chaotic playing style of any American major league Soccer team. Drinking a couple of pints definitely eased the pain of our beloved Timbers losing in a 3-2 match. Ended up only being 3 dollars a pint for this quality beer, leaving my wallet and I both satisfied.

No comments:

Morphin' like the wolf

Photobucket

Decapitated Clone Head

Photobucket

Lexington Photos

Lexington install 1 Lexington install 2 Lexington install 3

artwork

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

New video performance

Flight Like a Eagle

Thesis Show spring 2007

Thesis Show spring 2007
I built this city

Music I've been listening to

  • the Go Team!
  • Icy Demons
  • Need New Body
  • Battles
  • Pavement
  • Electric Light Orchestra
  • Tapes 'n Tapes, The Loon
  • Pinback
  • Sparta
  • David Bowie, Space Oddity and Ziggy Stardust
  • Mos Def,
  • Minutemen, Double Nickel on the Dime
  • poison snake,
  • J Geils Band, Blow Your Face Out
  • The Who, Live at Leeds
  • Heroic Doses

lazers

Photobucket